- It is within the OSCE and a reformed United Nations, and not the EU, that Ireland should pursue its security concerns.
- Ireland should pursue a positive neutrality and independent foreign policy and not join or form an association with any military alliance, such as the WEU or NATO.
- Ireland should seek to promote European and international security through a policy of disarmament and demilitarisation and should therefore oppose the militarisation of the EU.
- Ireland should refuse to cooperate with or condone in any way policies or military groupings which maintain nuclear weapons or any weapons of mass destruction.
- Irish troops should only serve abroad as peacekeepers under the auspices of the UN.
EU: European Union.
NATO: North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
OSCE: Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
UN: United Nations.
WEU: Western European Union.